KCC GLASS Corporation ("KCC GLASS") greatly values protection of personal information, and complies with laws on the same including the Personal Information Protection Act and the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.
Purpose of processing personal information
KCC GLASS processes personal information for the following purposes. The processed personal information will not be used for any purpose other than the following, and for changes to the following purposes in the future, we will obtain consent in advance.
- The person in charge of customer service processes personal information for the purpose of application and overseeing customer grievances, acceptance and inquiries on bulletin board, etc.
- Provision of goods or services
Delivering goods, providing services, providing customized services, etc.
- Use for marketing and advertising
Developing new services (products) and providing customized services, providing event and advertising information and participation opportunities, identifying frequency of access, or preparing statistics on member’s use of services, etc.
Personal information items collected, and how to collect them
KCC GLASS collects the minimum amount of personal information through its homepage, by phone, by written form, by automatic information collection tool, etc.
The personal information items collected are as follows
- Name, address, e-mail address, phone number (including mobile phone number), date of birth, gender, ID, password, identity verification value, access IP information, cookie, date of visit, service usage record.
- If you are a child under 14 years of age, we will additionally collect your legal representative’s information (his/her name, date of birth, information to check duplicate subscription, phone number (including mobile phone number)).
Use of collected personal information
The collected personal information is used for the following purposes only.
- Customer service, customer grievances/processing of improvement forwarding notices, processing of inquiry matters on bulletin board.
- Providing homepage-related services, such as product delivery, providing after-sales service, providing contents, etc.
- Analyzing service visit and usage records, exploring new service elements, and improving existing services.
- Marketing and promotion activities, such as providing new product information, discount and other event information, participation opportunities, and advertising information
- User protection and service operation, such as sending notices about amendment of terms of service, restricting use of member violating laws and terms of service, imposing sanctions for illegal use, preserving record for dispute mediation, and handling complaints.
- Establishing and improving service environment for security, privacy and user safety.
Using for other purposes and providing to and sharing with third parties
- KCC GLASS does not, under any circumstances, use your personal information or provide the same to other persons, companies or organizations beyond the scope as notified in the purpose of collecting and using personal information, unless we have your consent or we are required by applicable laws.
- When providing or sharing your personal information, we notify to you, by email or in writing, “to whom or with whom we provide or share the same,” “what personal information items we provide or share,” and “for what purpose we provide or share the same” before asking for your consent, UNLESS:
- User consents in advance;
- It is based on applicable laws or if a criminal investigation agency requests it in accordance with procedure and method of the law for criminal investigation purpose; or
- It is provided, for statistic work, academic research or market survey, to advertisers, partner companies or research organizations in a form that prevents identification of specific individuals.
Contractor for personal information processing
KCC GLASS has appointed its contractor for personal information processing as follows to improve its service, and provides for necessary matters in the contract with contractor in accordance with applicable laws so that personal information can be safely managed.
KCC GLASS's contractor for personal information processing and its duties are as follows.
- Contractor: D.Intelligence Co., Ltd.
- Contractor’s duties: Website and system management
- Period of consignment: January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2022
Collection of personal information by cookies
- KCC GLASS operates “cookies” that store and retrieve user’s information from time to time. Cookies are tiny text files that are sent to your browser by the server used to run the website and are stored on your computer's hard disk.
- Users have a choice about cookies. By making selections in “Tools” > “Internet Options” > “Security” > “Custom level” in the web browser, users may allow all cookies, require prompts each time a cookie is saved, or refuse saving of cookies.
Rights of user and legal representative, and how to exercise them
- User and/or legal representatives may at any time inquire or revise registered personal information of the applicable party or the personal information of any child under 14 years of age, and if he/she does not consent to KCC GLASS’s processing of their personal information, it may refuse to grant consent. In such cases, however, it may be difficult to use all or part of the services.
- In order to inquire or revise the personal information of the user or a child under 14 years of age, contact the responsible person or person in charge of the personal information protection in writing, phone call or e-mail to take immediate action regarding accessing, correction or deletion of the personal information.
- When user requests correction of error in personal information, we do not use or provide the same until correction is completed. In addition, if incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will promptly notify such party so that correction can be made.
- KCC GLASS processes the personal information that has been terminated or deleted at the request of user or legal representative in accordance with the matters specified in "Period of retention and use of personal information" and is not viewed or used for any other purposes.
Period of retention and use of personal information
- KCC GLASS processes and retains personal information within the period of retention and use of personal information under the law or within such period as consented to by the information subject at the time of collection thereof.
- Personal information kept or stored by KCC GLASS under the law shall only be used for the purpose of keeping or storing it. The retention periods are as follows
- Record on contract or offer withdrawal: 5 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.)
- Record on payment and supply of goods: 5 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.)
- Record on consumer complaints or dispute handling: 3 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.)
Procedure and method of destroying personal information
In principle, user’s personal information is promptly destroyed when the purpose of collecting and using it is achieved. KCC GLASS' procedure and method of personal information destruction are as follows.
1.Procedure of destruction
- Information entered by user for customer service etc., after its purpose is achieved, is transferred to a separate DB (separate document box in the case of paper), is stored for certain period of time under internal policy and applicable laws (see the periods of retention and use), and then, is destroyed.
- Personal information transferred to a separate DB will not be used for any purpose other than its retention, unless in accordance with the law.
2. Method of destruction
- Personal information printed on paper is destroyed by shredding or incineration.
- Personal information stored in the form of electronic file is deleted by use of a technical method that makes it impossible to reproduce the record.
Technical and administrative measures for personal information protection
In processing personal information, KCC GLASS takes the following technical and administrative measures to ensure safety of personal information so that the information is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged.
1. Technical measures
- User's password is encrypted and then stored and managed, so only the user himself/herself knows it, and personal information can only be checked and changed by the user who knows the password.
- KCC GLASS takes measures to prevent damage caused by computer viruses by using anti-virus programs. Anti-virus programs are regularly updated to deal with viruses.
- In preparation for external intrusions such as hacking, we use intrusion prevention system and vulnerability analysis system for each server to ensure security.
2. Administrative measures
- KCC GLASS limits the number of people with access to your personal information to a minimum. Those people are as follows:
- Person who carries out the customer service or marketing works directly to users;
- Person who conducts management of personal information, such as personal information protection officer or personal information protection staff; and
- Person who otherwise has no choice but to handle personal information.
- We regularly conduct in-house training for employees who handle personal information, on new security technologies, personal information protection duties, etc.
- In preparation for external intrusions such as hacking, we use intrusion prevention system and vulnerability analysis systems for each server to ensure security.
- Transfer/takeover in the duties of personal information handling personnel is carried out strictly under security, and responsibility for personal information incidents after entering and leaving the company is clearly defined.
- Computer rooms and data storage rooms are designated as special protection areas for access control.
KCC GLASS shall not be liable for any problems arising from user’s own negligence or inherent risks in internet.
- KCC GLASS values user's posts and protects them with best efforts to prevent them from being altered, damaged or deleted, except:
- Spamming posts, or messages defaming others by disseminating false facts for slandering purpose; or
- Disclosure of other person's personal information without consent, infringement of third party’s copyright or other rights, or posts unrelated to the bulletin board’s topics.
- In the aforesaid cases, we can delete the posts after giving an explicit or individual warning.
- Fundamentally, all rights and responsibilities regarding the posts belong to the posting individual. In addition, information voluntarily disclosed through the posts is difficult to protect, so please consider carefully before disclosing the information.
Personal information protection officer and personal information protection department
1. KCC GLASS has appointed a personal information protection officer and staff, to protect user's personal information and handle complaints related to personal information. If you have any questions related to personal information, such as personal information-related complaint handling, damage relief, or request for viewing of personal information, please contact the following persons. We will answer your questions promptly and sincerely.
- Personal information protection officer (Privacy officer)
- Name: Deputy General Manager KIM,KYOUNG-IK
- Phone: +82-2-2015-8873
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal information protection staff
- Name: Assistant Manager JO,HYEON-GEUN
- Phone: +82-2-2015-8738
- Email: email@example.com
2. The following organizations are separate from KCC GLASS. If you are not satisfied with KCC GLASS' handling of complaints or damage relief regarding personal information, or if you need further assistance, please contact them.
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center (operated by the Korea Internet & Security Agency)
- Duties: Receive and handle personal information infringement reports and consultation requests
- Homepage: privacy.kisa.or.kr
- Phone: (No prefix) 118
- Address: (58324) Personal Information Infringement Report Center, 9 Jinheung-gil (301-2 Bitgaram-dong) 3rd Fl., Naju City, Jeonnam
- Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (operated by the Korea Internet & Security Agency)
- Duties: Mediation of personal information disputes, and collective disputes (civil resolution)
- Phone: (No prefix) 1833-6972
- Address: (03171) Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (Central Government Complex 4th Fl.), 209 Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Cyber Crime Investigation Unit, Supreme Prosecutors' Office: 02-3480-3573 http://www.spo.go.kr
- Cyber Security Bureau, National Police Agency: 182 http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr
Duty of notice